1. The Services Agreement (“Agreement”) is a legally binding contract between you (the “Buyer”) and me (the “Seller”) on Teakie.com (the “Site”).
2. This is not an employment contract. I am hired as an independent contractor to complete the service purchased by you on the site.
3. We are members of the Site and are bound by its Terms and Services (“Terms”).
4. Teakie Inc. is the owner of the marketplace and is not a party to this Agreement. All rights and responsibilities are held between us, the Buyer and Seller.
5. The Agreement starts once you purchase a job or service (the “Project”) listed for sale by me on the Site. The Project is defined as:
a) The specific services as outlined in the description provided online
b) Any other information provided you through the Site
c) Any additional matters agreed upon in writing on the Site’s messaging service that clarify and determine the scope of the work to be performed
Scope of Work
6. Once you place an order and payment is made, you confirm that you understand this Agreement and all applicable Terms. This means that you agree and acknowledge that all aspects of the Project meet your needs, including but not limited to:
a) The scope of the work
b) The number of revisions included
c) The materials to be delivered
d) The turnaround time
7. It’s therefore your responsibility to ensure that you have selected the right service for you. Your decision must be based on information provided in the description box prior to purchasing the Project.
8. I, the Seller, agree to complete the Project you’ve purchased and you agree to pay the listed price.
9. I agree to make sure that you receive the completed Project and all materials within the turnaround time.
10. The price for the Project includes all taxes.
11. The price also includes the cost of all additional items and assets (e.g. styled stock photography, fonts, etc.).
12. The Site will hold payment until seven consecutive days following completion of the final product.
13. If there is an issue with the final product that has been delivered to you, you have up to seven consecutive days from the completion date to file a complaint.
Intellectual Property and Licensing
15. We each guarantee that we own and have the right to use everything that we submit to each other for the Project, including the right to engage in such a Project.
16. All content used for the Project must have the appropriate rights and licenses. We do not need to seek permission from anyone else to complete the job and our use will not infringe on the rights of any person or entity.
17. Any licenses for items that are held by me for content used in the Project will be transferred and provided to you as required.
18. For all materials that are created by me and used in the Project, I give you a worldwide, non-exclusive and irrevocable license to use them. This license includes the right to publish, distribute, communicate, broadcast, edit, modify, and create derivative works from these materials.
19. Where the content I deliver to you is created by me specifically for the Project, I assign all worldwide intellectual property rights (such as copyright) in those materials to you.
20. If I am in a country which gives me moral rights, I waive my moral rights where permitted by law. Where that is not permitted by law, I agree that, despite my moral rights, you can store, use, re-use, publish, communicate, edit, alter, adapt, or translate the assigned materials in any medium. I also agree that you do not need to attribute me as the creator of any of these materials.
18. We agree to not disclose, use or reproduce any confidential information that we receive from each other, except in relation to the job at hand.
19. You agree to indemnify me for any and all claims, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising as a direct result of a breach of the user terms or this Agreement.
20. I agree to indemnify you for any and all claims, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising as a direct result of a breach of the user terms or this Agreement.
Refunds or Cancellation
21. All purchases are final and no refunds will be permitted. If there’s an issue, you have up to seven consecutive days to file a complaint.
22. The federal laws of Canada govern these terms and we submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there. Any notice we provide to each other must be in writing and sent through the Site.
23. If any provision of this services agreement is inconsistent with the Terms of Service, this Agreement will take precedence to the extent of the inconsistency.