Hooray! We’re so happy to see you here! This agreement is designed specifically for those who are working directly with us at Teakie.com. We’re beyond excited to have you onboard and can’t wait to create rad things together.
1. The Services Agreement (“Agreement”) is a legally binding contract between me (the “Freelancer”) and Teakie.com (the “Site”, “Company” or “Teakie”).
2. This is not an employment contract. I am hired as an independent contractor to complete specific tasks and assignments on behalf of TEAKIE.
3. We are members of the Site and are bound by its Terms and Services (“Terms”).
4. The Agreement starts once you purchase a job or service (the “Project”) listed for sale by me on the Site. The Project is defined as:
- a) The specific services as outlined in the description provided online
- b) Any other information provided to you through the Site and other relevant communications
- c) Any additional matters agreed upon in writing that clarify and determine the scope of the work to be performed
SCOPE OF WORK
5. Once you place an order and payment is made, you confirm that you understand this Agreement and all applicable Terms. This means that you agree and acknowledge that all aspects of the Project meet your needs, including but not limited to:
- a) The scope of the work
- b) The number of revisions included
- c) The materials to be delivered
- d) The turnaround time
6. I, the Freelancer, agree to complete the Project and you agree to pay the listed price.
7. I agree to make sure that you receive the completed Project and all materials within the turnaround time.
8. The price for the Project includes all taxes.
9. The price also includes the cost of all additional items and assets (e.g. styled stock photography, fonts, etc.) unless otherwise specified.
10. TEAKIE promises to remit payments to you within 10 business after the 15th of each calendar month, so long as your earnings exceed US$50.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND LICENSING
11. We each guarantee that we own and have the right to use everything that we submit to each other for the Project, including the right to engage in such a Project.
12. All content used for the Project must have the appropriate rights and licenses. We do not need to seek permission from anyone else to complete the job and our use will not infringe on the rights of any person or entity.
13. Any licenses for items that are held by me for content used in the Project will be transferred and provided to you as required.
14. For all materials that are created by me and used in the Project, I give you a worldwide, exclusive and irrevocable license to use them. This license includes the right to publish, distribute, communicate, broadcast, edit, modify, and create derivative works from these materials.
15. Where the content I deliver to you is created by me specifically for the Project, I assign all worldwide intellectual property rights (such as copyright) in those materials to you.
16. Any work performed by you during your contract with Teakie shall be considered a “Work Made for Hire” as defined in US Copyright laws, and shall be owned by and for the express benefit of the Company. In the event it should be established that such work does not qualify as a Work Made for Hire, you agree and hereby assign all right, title and interest in such work product, including, but not limited to, all copyrights and other proprietary rights.
17. If I am in a country which gives me moral rights, I waive my moral rights where permitted by law. Where that is not permitted by law, I agree that, despite my moral rights, you can store, use, re-use, publish, communicate, edit, alter, adapt, or translate the assigned materials in any medium. I also agree that you do not need to attribute me as the creator of any of these materials.
18. We agree to not disclose, use or reproduce any confidential information that we receive from each other, except strictly in relation to the job at hand.
19. At any moment, TEAKIE can cancel the contract if they feel that the result is not satisfactory. Cancellation must be in writing made out to the FREELANCER.
20. At any moment, the FREELANCER can cancel the contract if they feel that the result is not satisfactory. Cancellation must be in writing made out to TEAKIE.
PROPERTY AND RIGHTS
21. All work created from the Project is the exclusive property of TEAKIE. Any ideas that have not been retained remain the property of TEAKIE and could be used for other work.
22. I reserve the right to display your work of the present mandate on my website.
23. The federal laws of Canada govern these terms and we submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there. Any notice we provide to each other must be in writing and sent through the Site.
24. If any provision of this Agreement is inconsistent with the Terms of Service, this Agreement will take precedence to the extent of the inconsistency.