Graphic Designer (Part-Time / Freelance)
Remote—anywhere in the world (we’re based in Montreal, but geography holds no limits)
Teakie.com is an online platform devoted to solving a problem: To empower people to do what they love.
To do that, we help small businesses, entrepreneurs and creators through our digital marketplace, directory, studio and academy. We’re also actively involved in developing and marketing innovative digital products such as TeakieCare.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a growing, progressive, female-run technology company specializing in digital strategy, marketing, technology and infrastructure.
Our goal is to become a world-leading tech company doing things differently (read more about us here). To support our growth, our focus for 2020 will be to continue to serve our clients, develop our offering, market our platform and nurture our community.
We’re looking for unique members to join our team and to apply their skills, background, portfolio and creative skills to contribute to our fast-growing business.
Your role at Teakie will be dynamic and entrepreneurial. Your primary tasks will be to provide support to the company with a focus on graphic design for web, social media and print. You will work directly with the CEO and Creative Director.
You love design, branding and digital media. You have a creative soul and thrive in environments that give you just enough room and structure to do some of your best work. You have a defined aesthetic that you continue to hone and develop. You love being your own boss but also like working in a collaborative, team environment.
You’re talented. You’re passionate. And you want to be a part of something great.
Core Duties / Responsibilities:
- Work with the Creative Director to ensure designs follow aesthetic standards, strategic direction and brand identity
- Contribute your visual direction, graphic design and personal touch on in-house projects and client work
- Design print, web and social media layouts and templates for clients and in-house applications
- Producing branded design mock-ups, e-books and catalogues
- Pre–flight and prepare files for print
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills (particularly Adobe Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- A keen eye for trends
- Defined design aesthetic
- Good understanding of typography
- Must be able to design for print
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to juggle numerous tasks at once
- Ability to work within tight & efficient deadlines
- Able to use initiative and work independently when required
- Fluent knowledge of written and verbal English (Parlez-vous francais? Un grand atout)
- Contribute to the Teakie community and act as brand ambassador
- Illustration skills are bonus
At Teakie, we believe that people do their best work in flexible environments. Decide when you work, how you work, so long as your work is delivered on time, and to the best of your capacity. So that we, as a team, can then deliver superior results for our clients. We pride ourselves on excellence, integrity, results and a love for all people.
Enjoy a virtual work environment that gives you freedom to create, high-performing people to collaborate with and beautiful projects to bring to life.
Send an email to email@example.com along with why you believe you’re a great fit for our growing team.
We’re always open to meeting new talent to join our creative network. Even if you’re not sure if this is the right fit, please get in touch with us and let’s connect.
We look forward to hearing from you!